2014年9月21日星期日

print('Hello world')




 Hello, everyone. I'm Jiang Yi 蔣禕. And this is my new blog for the course IEMS5723.
 You can also find me at WeChat/QQ (804211369), Weibo, Facebook, Renren, Zhihu or Linkedin.

Social Media Analysis is a very interesting topic. As an active user, who spend(#or waste) at least one hour (#very  conservative estimation) on SNSs, sometimes I would like to review what I have done and learn about how I behavior at SNSs.

And I found some apps. The first one is “Mydata” on Weibo, which could tell me male-to-female ratio and the astrological sign distribution of my followers. (#OMG, so many  virgos!)


The second is “FrienDoc” on Renren, which tells me the users who “care” about me most, or interact with me most frequently.

The last one is developed by Natural Language Processing and Computational Social Science Lab, Tsinghua University, named “Key Words”. You can find this app in many different SNSs. It abstract the key words from the content I posted, sort them by how frequent those words appear, and visualize the result. The key word appears for the most of number would be in the middle of the picture and would have bigger size than any other keywords.  
(#the key words of my Douban)

All those three apps, however, are only focus on one user’s content and behavior. Analyzing social media would more complex and would get more valueable results.

This course also give me an opportunity as well as motivation to learn Python, the powerful coding language that we will use for this course’s projects. I have a good feeling of this language when I heard about it for the first time. It’s not because I am a geek or a coding lover, but I really like Monty Python’s comedy movies. (#  XD  )
I started to learn Python above one week ago. It’s seems that Python is not as complex as the languages I am more familiar with, such as C and Java. As far as I am concerned, by using Python, coders could spend more time and energy to solve the really problem, instead of solving syntax or data structure problems. Python would be a relatively mature language for social media analyzing. I hope I will have many interesting discovers by mining data with Python.

Now it’s 21 September 23:40. As the DDL is approaching, this would be the end of my first post. Next time I may do some more sericous work.
Thank you for reading. Thank you for your kindly comments. 多謝你哋!唔該晒!
 



2 条评论:

  1. You have written a rather interesting article. You are using lots of SNNs. Mydata, FrienDoc and Key Words definitely play a role on telling or reminding something we want to know. Obviously, you express your passion in term of Python, is is really because of the movies of Monty Python's? If I have trouble learning Python, I need your help.

    回复删除
  2. Hi Johnny. Thanks for all your help in this course. I'm really enjoying studying with you. I supposed that you are really interested in the social media. Besides the weibo and wechat, you must be addicted in Zhihu. Let's talk about Zhihu and why it is more valuable. Grouping people with the same interests or topic is a effecient way of communication. We met professional knowledge and insights in the discentralized community and share efficiently. Maybe I talk too much. I have a report about how Zhihu operates. If you are interested in, I can share with you.

    回复删除